PRIOR TO TREATMENT
1. If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that Halo treatment could contribute to a recurrence. Prior to treatment, you should inform Skin Science if you have a history of Perioral Herpes (cold sores) so an antiviral may be prescribed.
2. No waxing, facials, electrolysis, threading, extensive sun exposure or any laser treatments two weeks prior to procedure.
3. No topicals, with the exception of a plain moisturizer, gentle cleanser and sunscreen one week prior to procedure and one week after procedure. No Accutane (or products containing isotretinoin) for 6 months before laser treatment.
4. If applicable, make sure area to be treated is clean shaven.
5. If using aspirin or blood thinners, please discuss prior to procedure.
DAY OF TREATMENT
1. Our staff will apply a prescribed topical numbing 45 min to 1 hour prior to procedure to clean dry face.
2. You may take Benadryl one hour prior to procedure and for the first three days to control swelling. If your provider feels you should use something stronger, you will receive a prescription.
3. Immediately after treatment, swelling and redness are common and expected. You will be sent home with ice packs and Avène Cicalfate Cream.
4.For the first 5-7 days after the procedure, you should compress with cool water for up to 15 minutes, then apply Avène Cicalfate Cream. This should be done for a minimum of three times a day or as often as needed. Skin Science may also recommend Avène Mineral Spring Water to use in-between compressing.
5. If you have a history of Perioral Herpes (cold sores), take the prescribed medication.
6. For the first 24-48 hours, sleep with head elevated (at least two pillows) to avoid further swelling.