BroadBand Phototherapy, otherwise known as a photofacial, helps to restore
a youthful, vibrant glow to your face, neck,
chest, shoulders, back, and hands!
A new technology in skin care, BBL treatment is an outstanding way to improve the look and feel of skin that has aged prematurely as a result of sun damage and other environmental exposure. BBL can be customized to address your desires as well as the unique needs of your skin.
The BBL photofacial can help a variety of conditions:
How does BBL work?
BroadBand photo (or light) therapy works by gently heating the top layers of skin. The heat helps stimulate the growth of new skin cells and collagen a process that helps restore skin to a healthy, even, smooth, younger look and feel.
BroadBand light therapy can be combined with other skin treatments and laser skin therapies for exceptional results.
Most clients who have BBL treatment suggest it feels like having a warm rubber band snapped against their skin. In most cases, no topical anesthetic is needed; however, sensitive areas can be treated with a topical anesthetic as needed to ensure comfort.
Treatment with BroadBand light therapy usually takes 30 minutes depending on the size of the area to be treated. BBL can be used on most areas of the body, although the most popular are the face, neck, chest and hands.
How many treatments will I need?
From 3 to 5 treatments, at 2-4 week intervals will produce the desired results. You may benefit from additional treatments depending on the severity of your condition
Sciton Broad Band Light (BBL) Pre-Treatment Instructions
Thank you for choosing Skin Science LLC. In our ongoing efforts to provide you with the best possible service we ask that you carefully review these Broad Band Light (BBL) pre-treatment instructions and ask any questions necessary to help you fully understand it. If you have any questions about these instructions, please discuss them with us prior to treatment. To obtain maximum benefit from your BBL treatments, it is crucial that you understand and adhere to these instructions. Failure to comply with these instructions may affect your treatment outcome and increase the likelihood or severity of complications. We are confident that if you follow these instructions, you will be pleased with the results of your treatments.
- Please follow all guidelines set forth in the BBL consent form. Discuss your medical history, medications, allergies, skin typing and any tendency for scarring or poor healing with your BBL treatment provider. Pay particular attention to the limitations and cautions sections.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams for at least 7-10 days prior to treatments. This will also be required after treatments.
- Avoid Accutane (or products containing isotretinoin) for 1 year and Retin-A (or products containing tretinoin) for 5 days prior to treatment. Do not use glycolic acid or other alphahydroxy acid products for 1 week prior to treatment. These medications and products increase your photosensitivity, which can significantly increase the likelihood of complications.
- Avoid the use of aspirin, ibuprofen and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications at least 3 days prior to treatment, as these will increase the likelihood of bruising.
- Do not have any open sores or skin infections in the treatment area.
- If applicable, make sure area to be treated is clean shaven.
- For treatment of pigmented skin lesions, you should consult a specialist if there is a family or personal history of skin cancer or if you have these concerns.
On the day of your appointment:
- Gently wash the area to be treated removing makeup, lotion, etc. Do not apply any products to the area except a topical anesthetic if being used.
- If you elected to use a topical anesthetic, so do only after reviewing all cautions associated with its use.
- If applicable, dress so that you may modestly expose the treatment area.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment and 10 minutes early for subsequent appointments. This will allow time for necessary paperwork and keep you on schedule. Please be on time for your appointment.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule we ask that you contact us at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please discuss and understand any payment arrangements before treatments.
Recovering from broadband therapy
After a photofacial, you will likely experience minor redness that will resolve within a few hours. Certain conditions such as pigmented lesions are likely to darken, and then fade and slough off over several days.*
As with any laser skin care treatment, you should avoid direct sunlight immediately after your procedure and apply a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or more whenever you are outside.
Most clients return to their normal activities, including wearing makeup, immediately after BBL therapy.*
Photofacials are ideal for people who want healthy, revitalized skin with no downtime!*
Smoother skin, diminished fine lines, faded sunspots, more even skin tone and color, and less noticeable pores will be visible after only 1 treatment with BBL technology. The extent of improvements in your skin will depend on your skin type, the conditions you have treated, and the number of treatments you receive.*
*Disclaimer: With BBL treatments, there is no guarantee of specific results and the results may vary.
Want to find out more about our treatments and services?
Simply fill out the form below or call our Naperville area office at (630) 791-9336.